Tuesday, November 10, 2009

How I spent my Monday morning

Lots of children=lots of laundry! Does this look familiar to anyone or is it just me?!  

So my strategy to avoid this, when I stick to it  - is to do one load a day.  Occasionally with this plan I will have to do an additional load of linens or towels, but in general it REALLY WORKS!
I have found that if I wash and dry one load at night, then when i wake up in the morning, I have all day to get it sorted, folded and put away.  I also have separate laundry baskets for each person, which makes it easy to sort and also to know who needs theirs done the most.  
But, of course, a few days of NOT sticking to the plan and I am under this mountain once again!
Just one of those things that works for me and i want to remember what it looked like when all the clothes were small.... (what will I do when they are all wearing gigantic jeans?!)

1 comment:

  1. i am right there with you...one load a day works for a few days, and then, like you, I miss a couple days, and i am overwhelmed with the MOUNTAIN of laundry i have waiting for me. and i never understand how it happened...i had been doing so well keeping up with it!

    my dining room table looked like that last night. then i finally got some of the clothes put away and the rest are in baskets waiting for the opportunity to be put away, too. maybe i'll do that now...

    ReplyDelete