Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Still need prayer!


I am posting this for 2 reasons.
1 - working with Bryce is very difficult sometimes and I still need prayer. He can be so easy -going and compliant one minute and so silly the next. Pray especially for his lack of control over his emotions. When he gets upset, he is REALLY upset!

2. Now, for the funny story:
A few days ago, Bryce got really upset over 2 different issues and so I was trying to be consistent and make sure I stuck to my decisions about his punishments. He continued to get really upset and accused me of loving his brothers more than him and then not even loving him at all. I tried to explain that his brothers do get disciplined, but generally have a fairly quick response to my correction, thus saving them from even more trouble. Then I said,
"Bryce, the Bible even says that if I love you, I WILL discipline you so that you will not continue do go down roads in your life that are dangerous!"
Through tears, he looks at me and says with attitude: "That has GOT to be a misprint!"

*photo by Wes Roberts


2 comments:

  1. so glad you are blogging:). as the Lord brings you to mind, i will pray for you and bryce. and what he said is hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I am literally laughing out loud. So funny!

    Your LABOR in the Lord is never in vain! God is working His perfect will and plan through your daily trials.

    "after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal gloy in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." 1 Peter 5:10

    ReplyDelete